- Potato- 3.5 cups cubed
- water- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Onion – 4 numbers medium; finely chopped
- Green capsicum – 2 numbers; medium chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 6 tbsps.
- Cook the potato cubes adding 3/4 cup of water and 1 tsp. of salt in a pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistles on high heat. Open the cooker once the pressures subside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter. Stir in the chopped onions and cook till they turn golden brown in color.
- Add the chopped capsicum and cover cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Throw in the tomatoes and 2 tbsps. of water and cover cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till the tomatoes turn mushy and oil starts to separate.
- Add the cooked potatoes and mix well with the masala. Keep mashing as you mix. Fry well for 12 minutes or till brownish in color. Add the kasoori methi and mix.
- Serve hot with roti or puri.
Source:- Veena’s curry world
- Basmathi Rice – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tbsps.
- bay leaf – 1 number
- water – 3 cups
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup (extracted from 1 cup of grated coconut)
- Onion – 1 cup; finely chopped
- Potato – 1 cup
- Cauliflower – 1 cup; florets chopped finely
- Carrot – 1/2 cup
- French beans – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Tomato – 3/4 cup; seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
For the green masala paste:-
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Green cardamom – 3 numbers
- Cloves – 3 numbers
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp.
- white poppy seeds – 1.5 tsp.
- Ginger – 1/2″ piece
- garlic – 3 big cloves
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers
Grind all the ingredients from 1 to 10 to a fine paste without adding water
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice & keep the rice aside.
- Heat the ghee & add the bay leaf. Add and fry the chopped onion till it turns golden brown in colour. Stir in the ground green masala paste and cook for 5 minutes or till the oil starts to separate.
- Add the chopped potato, beans and carrot and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and cook further for 2 more minutes. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together 3 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk and bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Add this to the rice mixture and cover cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with raitha,.
- Paneer – 200 grams; cut into small cubes
- Oil – 2 tbsps.
- Butter – 25 grams
- Onion – 2 cups; thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1 cup; chopped
- Amchoor powder – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – 5 big cloves; made into a paste
- Ginger – 1/2″ piece; made into a paste
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers; slit
- Shallots – 5 numbers; peeled and thickly sliced
- Green capsicum – 1 small; cut into 1″ cubes
- Cilantro- 1/4 cup; chopped
- Cream – 2 tbsps.
- Salt to taste
For the Kadhai Masala:-
- Green cardamom – 4 numbers
- Cloves – 4 numbers
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsps.
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsps.
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsps.
- Peppercorns – 8 numbers
Dry roast all these spices together for 1-2 minutes and grind to a fine powder. Use only half of the masala for this recipe
- Heat 2 tbsps. of oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the chopped onion and cook till it turns golden brown in color.Throw in the chopped tomato and 2 tbsps. of water and cook on medium heat till the tomato turns mushy and oil starts to separate. Blend this onion-tomato masala to a smooth paste along with the kadhai masala and amchoor powder in a mixer/grinder without adding any water.
- Heat butter in the same pan & add the greenchilly, ginger and garlic pastes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and cook till it turns translucent. Stir in the capsicum and fry for a minute. Add the ground masala paste and fry for a minute more.
- Add water and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, cream and cook further for 2-3 minutes. Finally add cilantro and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.