For the roti:-
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – a pinch
- Oil for cooking the rotis
For the spicy paste:-
- Kashmiri dry red chillies – 4 to 6 numbers (boiled in water for 10 minutes and seeds removed)
- Garlic cloves – 4 big numbers
- Ginger – 1 tsp.; coarsely chopped
- Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1.5 tsp.
For the tandoori aloo mixture:-
- Potatoes – 1.25 cups peeled, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
- Oil – 2 tbsps.
- Kasoori methi – 1 tsp.
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsps.
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- salt to taste
For the curd dressing:-
- Thick hung curd – 1/2 cup ( Prepared from 1 cup of normal curd)
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Thick cream – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste – 3/4 tsp.
- salt to taste
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp.
- Spring onion – 2 tbsps.; chopped
- Celery – 1/4 cup; chopped
- Cabbage – 1 cup; shredded
- Carrot – 1/2 cup; grated
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp.
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsps.
- First prepare the roti. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and ghee. Knead well to make a soft and smooth dough adding enough lukewarm water. keep aside for 30 minutes. Divide the prepared dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into an 8″ circle. Cook the rotis slightly on a tawa. Keep warm in a foil.
- Then prepare the tandoori aloo stuffing. Grind together the soaked kashmiri chillies, garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin powder to a smooth paste adding little water.Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously. Add the garam masala powder, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few more seconds. Add the potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Next prepare the dressing. Mix together the hung curd, salt, sugar, garlic paste, cream, cumin powder, spring onions and celery and set aside.
- To prepare the wrap, place a roti on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise over it. Arrange 1/4th of the prepared tandoori aloo stuffing in a row in the center of the roti. Spread 1/4 cup of cabbage and 2 tbsp of carrots over it. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of chaat masala over it. Finally spread 1/4th of the prepared curd dressing over it and roll the roti tightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Source:- Tarla Dalal