This is a payasam recipe from Lakshmi Nair’s cook book. I really wanted to try it out as I am a great fan of carrots. Finally I made the payasam & I am happy with the outcome.
- Carrot – 21/4 cups, grated
- Milk – 21/4 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 -3/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Condensed milk – 1 tin
- Powdered cardamom – 1/2 tsp.
- Cashewnuts – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 11/4 cups, again
- Dates – 8 numbers
- Soak the cashews in 11/4 cups hot milk.
- Saute the grated carrots in ghee till soft and grind it along with the soaked cashews and dates to a very smooth paste.
- Add the sugar to 21/4 cups milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add the ground carrot mixture and bring it to a second boil.
- When the payasam thickens sufficiently add the powdered cardamom and condensed milk. Mix well & remove from heat.