- Bombay Rava – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Sugar – 11/2 cups / to taste
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kesari color – a pinch dissolved in water
- saffron – a pinch
- Boiling water – 3 cups
- Cashews as needed
- Raisins as needed
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottomed vessel. Add the rava & fry till golden brown for 7 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water to the rava & mix. Cover the wok & cook the rava on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, kesari color & cardamom powder. Mix well for 5 minutes / till it reaches the Halwa stage.
- Transfer to a square/ rectangular pan. Garnish with toasted cashews & raisins.
- Let cool completely. Cut into desired shapes & serve.