- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a generous pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3/4 tbsp
- Granulated sugar – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1, large, seperated
- Butter – 1/2 tbsp (melted)
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Sift together the flour, baking powder & salt. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg yolk till foamy. Add the cocoa powder, melted butter, vanilla essence, sugar & 1 tbsp of milk. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup of milk & stir. Now add the sifted flour alternated with the remaining milk. Beat the egg white very well & carefully fold in into the batter. Let this batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat a griddle. When it becomes very hot ( any water sprinkled on the griddle should sizzle & evaporate), grease the griddle with a little butter & pour a ladleful of pancake batter ( don’t shape it with your ladle, it will spread by itself). Reduce the heat to low & cook both sides of the pancake till done.