- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1 1/4 cup, tightly packed
- Butter – 250 gram, softened
- Eggs – 4 large, at room temperature
- Beetroot – 1 big, grated
- Milk chocolate chips – 11/3 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Grease & line the bottom & sides of a 23 cm. square pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda & salt 2-3 times.
- Beat together the butter & brown sugar with your hand mixer till creamy. Add the eggs one by one & beat well after each addition.
- Add the sifted flour mixture in 2 batches alternated with the milk, beginning & ending with the flour.
- Fold in the grated beetroot & milk chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan & smoothen the top witha rubber spatula.
Bake for 4o minutes at 180C till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (don’t consider the melted chocolate chips). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before you invert the cake on a rack to cool.