- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 21/2 cups
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp + as needed to deep fry
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Ripe kerala banana – 1, mashed well
- Add the powdered sugar to the curd & stir till the sugar dissolves completely. Add the mashed banana, salt, pepper powder & baking soda & mix well.
- Add the flour little by little till you get a slightly stiff dough ( it should be harder than the chapathi dough).
- Add 2 tsp oil & knead well. Apply little oil on the kneaded dough & keep covered for 3-4 hours.
- Divide the dough into small balls ( these should be of the same size as that of puris) & roll out ( it should be a bit thick to puff up).
- Deep fry the rolled out puris in hot oil. Drain on kitchen towels. Serve hot.
Source :- Vanitha magazine