- French beans ( use fine beans if you find it ) – 2 cups, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 small clove, minced
- Curry leaves – a few
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 -3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp / to taste
- Heat the oil & splutter the mustard seeds. Add the finely chopped onion, garlic & curry leaves. When the onion starts to turn brown add the red chilly & turmeric powders & fry till the raw smell goes.
- Stir in the beans & add salt. Fry for a minute on high heat. Sprinkle around 2-3 tbsp of water & cover cook on very low heat for 20 minutes/ till done.
- Increase heat to medium high & fry further for a minute. Switch off heat.