- Full fat milk – 1 liter
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2 tin or 200 grams
- Full fat milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Saffron – a generous pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1/2-3/4 tsp.
- Almonds – 1/4 cup, coarsely chopped
- Mix together the milk, sweetened condensed milk & milk powder in a heavy bottom pan. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil & cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes or till thick. Keep stirring to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add saffron, powdered cardamom & mix well.
- Remove from heat & add the chopped almonds.
- Let the mixture cool down completely to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into kulfi moulds and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the kulfi from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving.