- Boneless chicken breasts – 450 grams, washed & cubed
- Garlic – 4 big cloves, chopped
- Ginger – a small piece, julienned
- Onion – 1 big, cut into bite size squares
- Capsicum – half of a large one
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers, slit
- Tomato ketchup – 21/2 tbsp
- Red chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soysauce – 1 tbsp+ 11/2 tbsp
- Chicken stock – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 -3/4 tsp
- Celery – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Oil – 2 tbsps + to deep fry
For the batter
- Egg – 1, large
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Soysauce – 1 tbsp
Make a thick batter with these ingredients
- Heat the oil. Dip each piece of chicken into the batter y0u have prepared & fry in the oil for a minute on both sides on medium heat till plump. Don’t fry for a long time. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil & saute the chopped garlic & julienned ginger.
- Add the cubed onions, capsicum, slit greenchillies & chopped spring onion. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the sauces & the fried chicken pieces. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock & salt. Bring to a boil & cover cook on low heat for 30 minutes / till done. Finally add the celery & mix well.