This is a very nice cake. Believe me, the atta doesn’t effect the taste or texture of this cake.
- Chapathi flour – 1.25 c
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar, to caramelise – 1/4 c
- Butter ( at room temp.) – 150g
- Caster sugar – 1 c
- Eggs – 2, large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Grated carrot – 1.25 c
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the chapathi flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Prepare a thick caramel syrup from 1/4 c of sugar.
- Beat the butter for 3 minutes with a hand mixer till creamy. Add the caster sugar in 3 additions and beat well after each addition. Beat well for a good 10 minutes.
- Beat in 2 eggs ,one by one and the vanilla essence.
- Stir in the cooled caramel syrup and lime juice.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture and the grated carrots.
- Pour batter into a prepared 2 lb loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 55 minutes and 160C for 20 minutes.