This is a very easy to make, fail proof burfi recipe. There is no checking of the sugar syrup for string consistency. These burfis if properly cooked will have a melt in mouth texture. If you undercook the mixture then you would get a sticky fudge instead of a burfi.
- Besan – 1 c
- Ghee – 1 c
- Mixed nuts ( cashews/ almonds/ pistachios) – 1 c, coarsely chopped
- Grated coconut – 1 c ( Pulse slightly in the grinder)
- Cooking cream – 1 c
- White granulated sugar – 2 c + 1 tbsp extra
- Elaichi powder – 1 tsp
- Dry roast the besan for a good 15 minutes on a medium low heat. Keep aside on a flat platter to prevent burning of the flour.
- Grease another plate and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed wok, combine melted ghee, nuts, coconut, cream, sugar and the roasted besan. Bring the mixture to a boil but keep stirring.
- Lower the heat and cook further till the whole mixture comes together as a lump. Like a Halwa.
- At this point add the elaichi powder & the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to the prepared plate.
- When still warm, mark shapes.
- You can sepertae the pieces of the burfi when they completely cool down to room temperature.