This is one of my favourite nalumanipalaharams. These vadas are crispy from outside but soft from the inside.
- All purpose flour – 1 c
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Onion – half of a medium, finely chopped
- Greenchillies – 2 big numbers, chopped very finely
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Curryleaves – 3 to 4, finely torn
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Thick curd – 3 tbsps
- Hot oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix together all the ingredients from 1 to 11 to make a slightly sticky dough.
- Apply little water on your hands and shape the vadas ( like uzhunnuvadas with a hole in the center).
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium low ( otherwise the vadas won’t cook from inside) heat till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with tea/ coffee.