For the cupcakes
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 heaping tsp.
Salt – a generous pinch
Butter – 100 g. (softened)
Dark chocolate – 100 grams, coarsely chopped/ grated
Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1.5 tsp.
Eggs – 2 small or 1 large
Oreo cookies ( original)- 200 grams, coarsely crushed with the cream
For the frosting
Butter – 100 grams, softened
Icing sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
- Melt together the butter & dark chocolate in a double boiler. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature. Add the caster sugar & beat well for 3-4 minutes with a hand mixer. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and 125 grams of the crushed Oreo cookies ( reserve a little for sprinkling on top of the cupcakes).
- Place liners in the the muffin pan. Fill the liners with the batter upto 3/4th full. Sprinkle the left over crushed Oreo biscuits on top.
- Bake at 180C for 22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely before you cover them with the frosting.
- For the frosting, beat together all the ingredients written under ‘for the frosting’ section till really light & fluffy. Frost the cooled cupcakes with this butter cream mixture.