- Plain flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- White chocolate – 125 grams
- Whole milk – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 150 grams + 50 grams, divided
- Eggs – 4, large
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup, divided
- Lemon juice – 1.5 tbsp
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- Chopped dark chocolate – 1/4 cup ( I used Lindt)
1. Sift together the plain flour, baking powder & salt.
2. Melt together the chopped white chocolate, 1/4 cup of milk & 50 grams of butter on low heat. Set aside to cool.
3. Seperate the whites & yolks of the 4 large eggs.
4. Beat together 1/2 cup of powdered sugar & 150 grams of softened butter till creamy & fluffy. Add the 4 egg yolks, lemon juice & lemon zest. Beat well till incorporated. Add the cooled molten white chocolate mixture & mix.
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients & mix.
6. Beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar till it holds stiff peaks. Fold 1/3rd of the beaten egg whites into the flour-chocolate mixture to lighten the batter. Fold in the remaining beaten whites into the cake batter very gently but thoroughly.
7. Finally fold in the chopped dark chocolate & pour the cake batter into a greased cake tin. Cover the tin with a foil & place it in a steamer. Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour/ till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before serving.