You will need 3 bread slices for this recipe (it can be white or brown or even sugar free bread. I prefer to use brown bread for this upma) . Do not remove the brown edges of the bread.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil & add 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add 1 tsp of urad dal & fry till they turn golden brown in color. Add 1tsp of chopped ginger & fry well. Add 2 medium onions ( finely chopped), 2 greenchillies & a few torn curry leaves & cook till the onion just starts to change color.
- Add 1/4 th of a medium beetroot (grated) + 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro & fry for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Take 1/4 – 1/2 cup of thick curd in a wide plate.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice in the thick curd & crumble the bread slice with your hand. Add the crumbled bread to the beetroot mixture in the pan. Mix well.
- Finally add 1/4 cup of cashew or almond meal and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Mix well & remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Source :- Sreerangam Radhu