This is a real yummy cake provided that you do not over bake. The ingredients are all very basic & the method is really so easy.
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3 tbsps
- Caster sugar – 11/4 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Sunflower oil – 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare a 8″ Al cake tin & set aside.
- Sift together the plain flour, baking soda, salt & the cocoa powder. Add the caster sugar & mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water, vinegar, vanilla essnce & oil. Add the sifted dry ingredients & gently mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake tin & bake at 180C for 30 – 32 minutes ( maximum). Please do not over bake. Your cake will turn out very dry & unflavourful.
- I prefer to serve this cake cold.
- For the frosting, beat together 30 grams of soft butter, 3 level tbsps. of cocoa powder, 6 level tbsps. of icing sugar and 1 tbsp. of cream. Apply this over the cooled cake. Garnish with nuts if desired.