This eggless cake is really very amazing. It is moist & soft with the perfect texture.
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Chopped dates – 3/4 cup
- Rum – 2 tbsps
- Plain flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 heaping tsp or as per taste
- Clove powder – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Canola oil – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essnce – 1 tsp.
- Chopped cashews – 1 heaping tbsp
- Mix together the grated carrot, chopped dates & the rum. Keep aside for atleast 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Sift together the plain flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, grated nutmeg, salt & the powdered sugar.
- Mix together the oil, vanilla essence, nuts & the sifted flour mixture.
- The consistency of the batter would be really very thick almost like a dough.
- Spoon the batter into a prepared 2 lb. loaf tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.