Believe me, this is one of my most favourite burgers.It’s YUM. This recipe will yield 4 burgers.
- Dry roast 1/2 cup of semolina till fragrant for 10 minutes & remove it on a plate. Keep aside.
- Seperately dry roast 1/2 cup of gram flour/ besan till frangrant for 15 minutes on low heat & keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsps of butter/ oil & saute 1 onion ( finely chopped)+ 1 tsp each of grated garlic & ginger. Add 2o fresh spinach leaves (finely chopped) and the roasted semolina. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp. of salt, 3/4 tsp of kashmiri chilly powder, 1.5 tsp of dark soy sauce & mix well. Cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of water & cook till absolutely dry for 2 minutes. Add the roasted besan & mix well. Remove from heat & cool slightly.
- Make 4 big patties of 1/2″ thickness from the mixture.
- Dip each patty in beaten egg, coat with semolina & deep fry in hot oil on medium high till golden brown & crisp on the both sides.
- Mix together 3/4 cup of grated carrot, 5 tsps of white vinegar, 1 tsp of powdered sugar & 1.5 tsp of mild tabasco sauce.
- Halve the buns horizontally. Lightly butter the buns & toast on a pan till golden.
- Place lower halves of the buns on a plate. On each base spread little tomato ketchup. Place a hot patty on it & top it with the carrot mixture. Spoon some mayo & cover it with top half of bun.
- Serve immediately.
Source: – Burgers & sandwitches by Tanya Mehta