These burritos are quick to make but really flavourful. This recipe will yield 5 burritos.
You will need 5 whole wheat tortills/ rotis for this recipe.
- For the filling, marinate 450 grams of chicken (boneless, cut into juliennes) with 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsps of white vinegar, 1/4 tsp of dry red chilly flakes & 1/2 tsp of salt for 1 hour in your refrigerator.
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat 3 tbsps of olive oil. Add the marinated chicken pieces & cook on medium heat for a minute. Reduce the heat & cover cook till the chicken is almost tender for 15 minutes. The chicken will initially let out a lot of water, get cooked in its own stock & finally turn dry.
- Add 1 small bell pepper (cut into juliennes), 1/4 cup of spring onion greens & 3/4 tsp of pepper powder. Mix well & remove from heat.
- To serve, take a tortilla, place some hot chicken filling in it. Top with 1 tbsp of sour cream. Put few drops of tomato salsa on it. Roll the tortilla.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan & shallow fry the burrito till browned & crisp. Repeat to make 4 more burritos.
- Serve hot.