Believe me, this unniyappam does not taste of any egg. It tastes really good, easy to make, almost instant & is a hit with the kids. These unniyappams are soft from the inside while they are crispy from the outside.
- Mix together 1 cup of plain flour/ atta, 1 cup of roasted fine rice flour (Appapodi), 1.5 cups of sugar, a pinch of cumin powder, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2-3/4 tsp of powdered cardamom.
- Add 4 beaten eggs & enough water to the dry ingredients mixture to make a very thick batter. When you drop a spoonful of the batter from a spoon it should break into smaller portions & fall from the spoon.
- Keep this batter aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat an unniyappachatti & pour oil into each hole (just to cover half portion of each hole).
- Pour 1 heaping tsps of the prepared eggy batter into each hole & cook both the sides till golden brown in colour & crisp.