- Preheat the oven to 180C,
- Sift together 1.5 cup of plain flour, 1.5 tsp of baking powder & a pinch of salt.
- To make the caramel syrup, heat 1/2 cup of sugar in a pan. Let it melt & turn to a black colour.Add 1/4 cup of boiling water & keep stirring continuosly on low heat till the syrup attains 1 thread consistency. Add 1 tbsp of butter & mix. Let cool completely. You should get 1/4 cup of real dark & bitter caramel.
- To make the praline, heat 1/2 cup of sugar till it turns golden brown in colour. Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds & pistachios) & mix well. Transfer to a grease plate & allow to cool completely. Grind this to a coarse powder.
- Beat together 200 grams butter & 1 cup of powdered sugar till creamy & fluffy. Beat in 2 large eggs, one by one & beat well after each addition. Also beat in 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cooled caramel syrup & 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with 2 tbsps of milk.
- Fold in the pralines.
- Transfer the batter to a 9″ square pan & bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes.
Note:-This cake tastes better the next day.