Ensure that you do not use readymade pistachio slivers for this recipe. You need to use the pistachios with shell to get the complete flavour.
This recipe makes 12 drops
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of roasted, shell removed, unsalted pistachios.
- Beat 1 large egg white with a pinch of salt till it holds soft peaks. Fold in the pistachios, 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of lime juice & 1 heaping tbsp of plain flour.
- Drop 1 level tbsp of batter on a tray lined with foil.
- Bake at 160C for 15 minutes. Let cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Remove from foil & transfer to a rack.