- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together 1 cup of plain flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 3/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon, 1/8 tsp of clove powder, a pinch of grated nutmeg & 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder.
- Cream together 100 grams of softened butter and 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps of powdered sugar till light & fluffy for 10 minutes.
- Beat in 2 medium eggs, one by one & beat well after each addition.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of grated orange zest & 2 tbsps of freshly squeezed orange juice & beat once again.
- Fold in the flour mixture alternated with 2 tbsps of milk. Finally fold in 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Pour the batter in a 2lb* loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Note:- When you bake this cake ina 2lb. loaf tin the cake will not have much height. Use a smaller pan if you want a taller cake.