This is a soft & moist cake packed with a lot of flavours.
- Soak 5 dates in hot water for 2-3 hours. Drain out all the water from the dates, remove seeds & grind them to a smooth paste in your mixer.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Sift together 1 cup of plain flour, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp of baking powder , 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and 1/8 tsp of clove powder.
- Mix together 3/4 cup of grated jaggery, the dates puree, 1/4 cup of sunflower oil, 1/4 cup of thick curd & 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with 1/2 cup of water.
- Finally fold in 1/3 cup of chopped dates & 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cashews.
- Pour the batter into a 6″ cake pan.
- Bake the cake at 170C for 30 minutes.