I found this recipe here. The bread rolls looked really yummy that I wanted to give it a try. However, I have made a few changes to the original recipe. I have made the rolls without adding any eggs/ butter & have used a mixture of all purpose & wheat flours to make it a little bit more healthier. The rolls turned out really good. They were soft & moist.
- Chop half a bunch of spring onions finely. You will need both the whites as well as the greens of the spring onions. Keep it aside.
- Mix together 1.5 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of wheat flour, 1 tsp of instant yeast, 1.5 heaping tsp of sugar, 3/4 tsp of salt & 3 tbsps of sunflower oil. Add 1 cup of lukewarm milk to make a soft dough. Knead the dough for atleast 10 minutes & keep punching the dough as you knead. Shape the dough into a circle. Apply oil all over the dough & keep it covered for 1-2 hours or till double in volume.
- After 1 or 2 hours, punch the dough & divide it into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Take a dough ball & roll it into a rectangle with the help of a rolling pin. Place the chopped spring onions in a row near one of the longest ends of the rectangle leaving 2″ margin. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Roll the dough tightly & seal the ends. You may use some water to ensure that the ends are thoroughly sealed. Repeat with the other dough balls.
- Place the prepared bread rolls on a greased tray & cover with a damp cloth. Keep them aside for 45 minutes till the rolls become 1.5 times their previous size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Apply oil over the rolls with a pastry brush. Sprinkle little spring onion greens and whites over the rolls followed by the cheese.
- Bake the rolls at 200C for 22 minutes.