I found this recipe in an old Vanitha Pachakam magazine. These squares are really very flavourful.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Prepare an 8″ brownie pan & keep it aside.
- Melt 150 grams of semi-sweet chocolate by double boiling method. Add 120 ml of sunflower oil to the melted chocolate & mix. To the chocolate-oil mixture, add 2 eggs, a pinch of salt, 115 grams of caster sugar, 1 tsp. of vanilla essence & beat till combined well. Fold in 115 grams of plain flour & 1 tsp of orange zest.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8″ square baking dish & bake at 200C for 25 minutes. Let this cool down completely to room temperature.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, 2 tsps of powdered sugar & 1/4 cup of Rum. Pour this mixture over the cooled cake.
- Melt 100 grams of white chocolate & pour this over the rum soaked cake.
- Cut into squares & serve.