You will need 2 large tortillas ( I used indian roti) for this recipe.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan & add 1 cup of shredded cabbage + 1/2 cup of mixed bell peppers. Cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes till cooked but crunchy. Transfer to a platter and keep aside. To the same pan, add 5 button mushrooms (thinly sliced) and cook till done. Remove it on to the platter. To the same pan, add 1 cup of finely chopped onions + 3 big garlic cloves (minced). Saute’ till the onions turn translucent. Stir in 1 tsp of sweet paprika powder, 1/2 tsp of kashmiri chilly powder , 1/2 tsp of pepper powder & 1/4 tsp of cumin powder & cook for a minute on low heat. Add 250 grams of chicken mince, 1/2 cup of chopped tomato + 1/2 tsp of salt. Cook till the chicken mince is completely done. Add 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1/4 tsp of dried parsley, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp of chopped pickled jalapenos & the previously sauted veggies. Mix well. This is the filling for our quesadilla.
- Mix together 2 tbsps of hung curd with 2 tbsps of mayonnaise.
- For the quesadilla, take a tortilla & spread some mayo-hung curd mixture on it. Place the chicken-veggie mixture on the tortilla. Sprinkle grated mozzarella & cheddar cheeses generously on top. Cover with another cooked tortilla. Heat a pan & drizzle 1 tsp of oil. Place the stuffed roti in it. Cook till both the side are crisp and golden brown in colour. Keep pressing with the ladle as you cook. This will bind the layers together.
- Transfer the roti on to a clean working surface & cut it into 4 wedges.
- Serve immediately with salsa.