- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsps
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 50 grams , softened
- Powdered sugar – 3 level tbsps
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Egg – 1/4th of a large egg, beaten
- Cumin seeds – 1 level tsp,slightly roasted on a tawa
- Sift together the plain flour, salt & baking powder.
- Beat together the softened butter & the powdered sugar till creamy & light.
- Add the beaten egg & mix again.
- Stir in the cumin seeds & the dry flour mixture.
- Mix gently to make a soft dough. Do not knead this dough.
- Refrigerate this dough till firm, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the dough into 1/4″ thickness using a rolling pin.
- Cut out cookies from the rolled out dough with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the unbaked cookies to a tray lined with foil.
- Bake at 180C for 16-18 minutes.