A yummy side dish that even non-eggplant lovers could enjoy.
- Brinjal – 4 cups, cut into small pieces
- Red chilly powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Onion – 1 medium
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps + 1 tbsp
- Greenchilly – 1 number, chopped
- Sprinkle salt generously over the brinjal pieces & keep them aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, squeeze out water thoroughly from the brinjal pieces & wash them well. Soak in water for 30 minutes. Take the brinjal pieces from the water & squeeze them well again.
- Marinate the brinjal pieces with 1/2 tsp of salt, red chilly powder & turmeric powder.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a broad frying pan. Put the brinjal pieces in oil & fry till both sides are nicely coloured on medium heat. This will take about 10 minutes. Take the fried brinjal from the oil & drain them on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in another pan & saute’ onion & greenchilly till the onion turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the brinjal pieces & toss to mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or serve this as a naadan appetiser.