- Bread slices – as needed
- Boiled & mashed potato – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Curryleaves – 2 tbsps, torn with hand preferably or minced with knife
- Tomato – half of a medium tomato ( deseeded & chopped)
- Semolina – 2 level tbsps.
- Greenchillies – 2 numbers, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – as needed
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Toast the bread slices on both the sides.
- Mix together the potato, onion, tomato, curryleaves, semolina, salt & greenchillies.
- Spread the potato mixture on one side of each toasted bread slice. Sprinkle some mustard seeds on top of the mixture & press lightly.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a frying pan & place the bread slices with the potato topping facing down. Shallow fry till browned.
- Serve immediately with tea/coffee.