For the Koftas:-
- Boiled, completely cooled, peeled & mashed Potato – 2 numbers, big
- Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Greenchillies – 2 to 3 numbers, very finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- French fine beans – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Bell pepper (red, green, yellow) – 1/2 cup
- Chaat masala powder – 1 heaping tsp.
- Amchoor powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt as needed
- Bread slices – 3 numbers, churned in the mixer to get fresh crumbs
- Cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Cashews & raisins – as needed
- Cornflour – 3 heaping tsps.
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Oil as needed for shallow frying
For the gravy :-
- Onion – 3 medium, cut into bite size cubes
- Cashews – 50 gram soaked in hot water
- Grated ginger – 2 tsps.
- Grated garlic – 2 tsps.
- Coriander powder – 3/4 heaping tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 3/4 heaping tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Tomato – slightly less than 1 cup ( pureed in the mixer)
- Water – 2 cups
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Kasoori methi – 3/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup ( Almarai cooking cream)
1.Let’s prepare the koftas first.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil & add the onions, greenchillies, carrots, capsicum & french beans. Cook on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the mashed potato, sauted veggies, bread crumbs, chaat masala powder, amchoor powder, salt & cilantro.
- Make egg shaped balls from the mixture. The size of the ball should be similar to that of a large egg. Place a cashew & raisin in the center of each kofta & roll again.
- Make a slurry with 3 heaping tsps of cornflour & 1/3 cup of water.
- Heat the oil to steaming hot. Dip the balls in cornflour slurry & carefully drop them into the hot oil. Fry till all the sides of the koftas are evenly browned on medium high heat.
- Drain & keep aside.
2. For the gravy
- Cook the cubed onion in 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil & cover cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Seperate the cooked onion from the left over water & grind it to a smooth paste along with the soaked cashews.
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsps of oil & add the garlic & ginger. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the coriander, red chilly & turmeric powders & cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree & fry for 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of water & bring the mixture to a boil. Add the cashew-onion paste, garam masala powder, cumin powder, kasoori methi & salt. Boil for 5 minutes till the gravy is thick.
- Add cilantro & fresh cream, mix well & remove from heat.
3. To serve, place the prepared koftas in a serving dish & pour the gravy over the koftas. Garnish with toasted cashews & raisins.