These rolls are rich, moist, soft and yummy. This recipe will make 6 rolls.
For the dough:-
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsps.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 1.5 heaping tsp.
- Oil – 3 tbsps
- Lukewarm water – as needed
For the filling:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 big cloves, minced
- Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Mushroom – 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Spinach (fresh) – 1 cup, coaresely chopped
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sweet paprika powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Plain flour – 1.5 tbsp.
- Cooking cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
- Melted butter – as needed
- Oregano – as needed
- Garlic powder – as needed
- Parmesan cheese – as needed
- For the dough, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast & oil. Add lukewarm water & knead to a very soft dough. Keep punching the dough as you knead. Shape the dough into a ball & coat it with oil. Keep the dough covered in a warm place for 1-2 hours or till double in volume. Meanwhile prepare the filling.
- For the filling, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the minced garlic & saute’ till you get a very nice aroma. Add the onions & cook till almost brown in colour. Stir in the chopped mushrooms+spinach+ salt + pepper powder+ paprika powder & cook on medium high heat till completely dry. Keep aside. In another pan, heat 2 tbsps of butter & add the flour. Fry for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the cream & milk & cook till thick. Stir in the parmesan cheese & switch off heat. Add the sauted veggies to this creamy sauce & mix well. Check for salt & add more if needed. Let this cool down completely to room temperature.
- Punch down the risen dough & shape into 6 equal parts. Shape each portion into a ball. Take a dough ball & flatten it so that the center is thicker than the edges. Place 1 heaping tbsp of the filling & seal the edges to shape into a ball again. Place on a greased tray. Repeat with other portions of the dough & the filling.
- Keep covered in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Apply melted butter on the top of each roll. Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano & parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.