Each & every bite of this cake will remind you of fresh strawberries.
- Plain flour – 11/4 cup + 2 tbsps.
- Baking powder – 11/4 tsp.
- Cornflour – 1 heaping tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 100 grams, softened
- Caster sugar – 1 cup
- Strawberry jelly crystals – 42 grams
- Eggs – 2 numbers, large
- Sweetened strawberry puree* (SEE NOTES BELOW)
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp.
- Strawberry essence – 3/4 tsp.
- Red food colour – 1/4 tsp.
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare an 8″ cake tin & keep aside.
- Sift together the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder & the salt. Keep aside.
- Beat together butter & the caster sugar till creamy & fluffy for about 10 minutes.
- Add the jelly crystals & beat again.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the sweetened strawberry puree.
- Add the vanilla essence,strawberry essence, food colour & beat again.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with milk, beginning & ending with the flour.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 40 minutes/ till a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Sweetened strawberry puree*:-
Take 1 cup of fresh strawberries (chopped) & grind it in your mixer to a puree. Strain & add 2 heaping tbsps of sugar (take it from the 1 cup of caster sugar you are using to make the cake). Cook on medium heat till thick. Let this cool down completely.