For the cake:-
- Butter – 125 grams
- Dark chocolate – 250 grams ( I used Lindt 60%)
- Self raising flour – 1 cup
- Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 3 numbers, medium
- Orange juice – 1/2 cup
- Zest of 2 medium oranges
For the frosting:-
- Cream – 160 ml.
- Dark chocolate – 200 grams
- Orange zest – 1 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare an 9×9″ square cake tin & keep it aside.
- Sift the self raising flour and keep it aside.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and butter. Allow the mixture to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the caster sugar till pale and creamy. Add the cooled butter-chocolate mixture & beat again.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternated with the orange juice. Fold in the orange zest.
- The final batter will be somewhat watery. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake the cake at 180C for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool down completely before you do the frosting.
- For the frosting, place the dark chocolate in a medium heat proof bowl. Scald the cream & pour it over the dark chocolate. Stand for 5 minutes & mix well till smooth. Add the orange zest. Let the ganache cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the ganache over the cooled cake.