- Carrots – 3 numbers, medium, grated/1.5 cups, tightly packed
- Grated coconut (fresh) – 1.25 cup
- Milk – 2.5 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsps.
- Chopped almonds – 25 grams, coarsely chopped
- Elaichi powder- 1/2 tsp.
- Grind together the grated carrots & the coconut to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Boil the milk, add the carrot-coconut paste & cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar & keep stirring for 35 minutes.
- Add ghee & the chopped nuts. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder & transfer the mixture to a tray greased with ghee. Let cool for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into squares & serve.