This curry goes very well with puri and chapathi.
- Potato – 2 cups, cut into small cubes
- Beetroot – 1/2 cup, cut into small pieces
- Onion – 1 number, medium, thinly sliced
- Greenchilly – 1 to 3 numbers, slit
- Garlic – 3 big cloves, finely chopped
- Coriander powder – 1 level tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1/3 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup (freshly squeezed)
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Shallots – 5 numbers, thinly sliced
- Combine all the ingredients from 1 to 10 in a medium saucepan & bring to a boil. Cover cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid & mash some of the cooked potato pieces.
- Add the thick coconut milk & garam masala powder. Let the gravy just heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- In a wok, heat the coconut oil & add the shallots. Fry till they turn golden brown in colour & pour this seasoning over the gravy.