For the chocolate batter (no egg in this batter):-
- Plain flour – 1.5 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Brown sugar – 1 cup, tightly packed
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Hot water – 1 cup
For the peanut butter-cream cheese mixture:-
- Cream cheese – 100 grams, softened
- Egg – 1 number, medium
- Peanut butter – 3.5 tbsps (smooth)
- Icing sugar – 3 tbsps.
- Mini chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder & salt. In a seperate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vinegar, hot water, canola oil & vanilla essence. Fold in the sifted flour mixture. This is the chocolate batter. It will be slightly thick.
- For the cream cheese mixture, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, icing sugar and the egg with your mixer till smooth & fluffy. Fold in the chocolate chips. Keep aside.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of the chocolate batter into the holes in your muffin pan & place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate batter. Cover the cream cheese mixture with a tbsp. of the chocolate batter.
- Bake at 180C for 22-25 minutes.