- Potato – 3 numbers, medium
- Oil – 3 tbsps.
- Onion – 2 cups, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Mint leaves -2 cups (loosely packed)
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Tomato – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Lime juice – 1 tsp.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/8″ thick slices. Put the potato slices in a bowl and cover them with water. Add 1 tsp. of salt to this water & leave the potato slices in this salted water for 15 minutes. Drain the salted water from the potatoes.
- Heat 3 tbsps of oil in a frying pan & fry the potato slices on both the sides till they are 3/4th done. Drain on paper towels & keep aside.
- Grind together the mint leaves, pepper and greenchilly adding 2 tbsps of water to a very smooth paste.
- To the same oil, add the finely chopped onions & fry till they turn golden brown in colour. Add the ginger and garlic paste & fry for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the mint -chilly paste & cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & cook for 15 minutes or till mushy.
- Add 1.5 cup of water and enough salt. Bring to a boil & add the fried potatoes.
- Cook till the potatoes are fully done and coated with the masala.
- Add the garam masala powder and lime juice. Switch off heat.
- Serve this hot with puri or roti.
SOURCE :- PACHAKAPERUMA BY SHAHIDA LATHEEF