These blondies are healthy because they are butterless. Jaggery has been used as the main sweetener. They are not completely healthy because of the use of 50 grams of white sugar but these Blondies are definitely healthy when compared to a regular Blondie. I love these Blondies because they are really yummy.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Eggs – 2 numbers, medium; lightly beaten
- Thick jaggery syrup (preferably the dark coloured jaggery)- 3/4 cup, strained
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Sunflower oil – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Sift together the wheat flour and baking powder.
- Heat sugar in a pan till it melts & changes to a golden brown colour. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water & cook till the syrup is quiet thick. Let this cool down to room temperature.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla essence, cooled caramel & jaggery syrup.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 2lb. microproof loaf tin.
- Cook on high power for 4 minutes.