- Clams – 250 grams
- salt – 1/2 tsp. or as per taste
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Ginger – 1 tsp., crushed
- Greenchilly – 1 number, slit
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – 7 small cloves
- Shallots – 1 cup, thinly sliced
- Curry leaves – a few
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Clean the clams thoroughly by pinching it. Remove the black grit found inside each of them. Wash it in plenty of running water to remove any dirt and squeeze the clams to remove water.
- Cook the cleaned clams with the slit greenchilly, garlic paste, ginger, 1 /2 tsp. of salt , turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder & 1/4 cup of water for 20 minutes or till dry.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil & add the sliced shallots, garlic cloves & curry leaves. Cook till golden brown in colour. Transfer this mixure to a pressure cooker.
- To the same pan, add 1 more tbsp of oil & fry the cooked clams for about 10 minutes. Please cover the pan & give it a stir once . Add 1/2 tsp of pepper powder while frying.
- Transfer the clams to the cooker & mix it with the sauted shallot mixture. Add 1/4 cup of water & cook for 2 whistles on high heat.
- Switch off heat & open the cooker once the pressures subside.