- Potato -3 cups, cubed
- Water – 1 cup
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers, slit
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Onion – 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Beetroot (grated) – 1/2 cup, tightly packed
- Cook the potato cubes in your pressure cooker adding salt, turmeric powder & slit greenchillies with 1 cup of water. Simmer for 7 minutes after the first whistle.
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat the coconut oil & add the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop. Add urad dal & fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Stir in the sliced onions & fry till they turn pink. Don’t let them turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the beetroot & fry for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle 2-3 tbsps of water & cover cook on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato along with the water & cook till dry. Mash the potatoes as you cook.
- Use this as a filling for Masala Dosa.