For the burger patties:-
- Potato – 2 numbers, medium (boiled & mashed)
- Carrot – 1 number, big (boiled & mashed)
- French beans – 6 numbers (boiled & mashed)
- Greenpeas – 1/2 cup (boiled & mashed)
- Oil – 1 tbsp + as needed for deep frying
- Ginger – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 tbsp., finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 number, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp.
- Plain flour – 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs – as needed
For the sauce:-
- Eggless mayonnaise – 3 heaping tbsps.
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – a pinch
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp.
- Lime juice – 1/2 tsp.
- Cream – 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
For assembling the burger:-
- Burger bun – 6 numbers
- Butter – as needed
- Cheese slices – 6 numbers
- Lettuce leaf – 6 numbers ( immersed in ice water)
- Tomato – 1 medium,. thinly sliced
- Onion – 1 number, cut into thin slices
Let’s make the vegetable patties first
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the minced garlic, greenchilly & ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté on a medium heat till golden brown in colour.
- Add the spice powders & cook on low heat for a minute.
- Stir in the boiled and mashed potatoes, carrot, peas, beans , cilantro, 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs & chaat masala . Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Divide it into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 3″diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of maida and 3/4 cup of water to make a thick slurry.
- Dip each patty in the plain flour mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the lime mayo sauce
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the sauce“.
To assemble the burger
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the inside of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the mayo spread on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf and a patty over it. Place a cheese slice over the patty.
- Place a tomato slice and onion ring over the cheese slice and cover with upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more burgers.