- Water – 1/4 cup
- Caster sugar – 1/2 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 tin / 400 grams
- Butter – 50 grams
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Mix together all the ingredients from 1 to 5 in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook on medium low heat till the mixture turns thick and changes to a light brown colour. Add vanilla essence & mix.
- Immediately transfer this mixture to a greased tray and level the surface with a greased spoon.
- Cut into squares/ diamonds when still warm.
Note:- Do not over cook the mixture as this will make the toffees very hard. They should have a melt in mouth kind of texture.