- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Besan – 1 cup + 1/4 cup; divided
- Cashews – 2 tbsps., chopped
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup (Not icing sugar)
- Powdered cardamom – 3/4 tsp.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed wok & stir in 1 cup of besan. Roast on low flame for 25 minutes.
- When the flour is nicely roasted and is dark golden brown in colour, put the extra 1/4 cup of besan. If the mixture is still very wet add extra tbsp. or two of besan.
- Cook further for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat & transfer this mixture to another bowl. Add the cashews & keep stirring till the mixture is completely cool to prevent the besan from burning.
- Add the powdered sugar & powdered cardamom & make laddoos from the mixture.