Creamy, smooth and delicious is what this pudding is. This recipe will make 4 individual servings. And no water bath is required for baking in this recipe.
- Low fat heavy cream (I used 24% minimum fat) – 3 cups
- Sugar – 5 heaping tbsps.
- Milk powder – 3 heaping tbsps.
- Vanilla custard powder/cornstarch – 1 heaping tsp.
- Eggs – 3 numbers
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1.25 tsp.
For the caramel:-
Brown Sugar – 4 heaping tbsps.
- Chilled whipping cream – 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Fresh fruits like grapes, cherries
- Mix together the cream, sugar, milk powder and vanilla custard powder or cornstarch in a deep heavy based pan. Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat & let this mixture cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Beat the eggs with vanilla essence with a hand mixer till light & fluffy. Add the beaten eggs and salt to the cooled milk mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsps. of sugar in a pan over medium heat till it melts and turns golden brown in colour. Spread this caramel at the base of a ring mould/ use 4 small ramekins.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture in the mould. Cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes. The custard will be still wiggly at the center when you take it out of the oven. Let this cool down to room temperature.
- Keep the pudding in the fridge till it sets well.
- To serve, run a knife all around the mould & invert it on to a plate.
- Garnish with whipping cream & fresh fruits