For the base layer:-
- Marie Gold biscuits – 15 numbers
- Melted butter – 50 grams
For the cheesy pineapple layer:-
- Philadelphia cream cheese – 150 grams
- Caster sugar – 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp.
- Thick curd – 3/4 cup
- Pineapple juice – 1/3 cup
- Eggs – 2 numbers, medium
- Egg yolk – 1 number
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Chopped pineapple (the tinned one) – 1/2-3/4 cup
- Glazed cherries – as needed
- Process the biscuits in a food processor to get coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter & mix. Press this mixture on to the base of a 2 lb. loaf tin lined with foil. Refrigertae for 30 minutes or till firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Beat together the caster sugar, cream cheese, curd, eggs, egg yolk, pineapple juice & vanilla essence till smooth. Pour this mixture over the base.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mintes. Sprinkle the chopped pineapple over the cheesy layer & bake further for 15-20 minutes. Let cool down completely to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into bars & garnish with glazed cherries.