For the base:-
- Marie Gold Biscuits – 20 numbers
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup; coarsely chopped
- Butter – 80 grams, melted
For the sorbet:-
- Full cream milk – 4.5 cups
- White vinegar – 3 tbsps.
- Strawberry crush – 1/2 cup
- Strawberry essence – 1/4 tsp.
- Full fat thick curd – 6 tbsps.
- Heavy cream – 1/2 cup
- Tinned cherries ( I used honey preserved cherries) – 1 cup, reserve a few for garnish
- Mixed fruit jam – 5 tbsps.
- Water – 2 tbsps.
- Process the biscuits in a food processor till you get coarse crumbs. Add the nuts, butter & mix. Press this mixture on to the base of a 10″ springform pan/flan tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or till firm.
- Heat together the jam & water till the jam is no longer lumpy. Spread this jam over the base with the help of a pastry brush. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the sorbet, bring 4.5 cups of milk to a rolling boil, lower heat & add the vinegar. Allow the milk to curdle and turn off heat once the whey turns greenish. Strain the cheese. Leave in the strainer for 10 minutes. Allow the cheese to cool down completely to room temperature.
- Grind together the cooled cheese, curd, strawberry crush, strawberry essence & cream till the mixture is really smooth. Add the chopped cherries to the sorbet & mix.
- Pour the sorbet over the base. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Garnish with the reserved cherries & strawberry crush.
- Return to the freezer and freeze for 3-4 hours or till fully set.