For the pastry/crust
- All purpose flour – 11/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Oil– 2 tbsps.
- Water to knead
For the noodle filling
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 2 big cloves, minced
- Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Instant noodles – 1 small packet
- Carrot – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Cabbage – 3/4 cup, finely chopped
- Mixed coloured capsicum – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Soy sauce – 2 tsps.
- White vinegar – 2 tsps.
- Tomato ketchup-2 tsps.
- Celery- 1 tbsp., finely chopped
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp. or as per taste
- salt to taste
- Mix together the flour, salt & oil. Add water & knead very well till you get a stiff dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling cook the noodles in salted water as per the instructions on the packet. Drain the water left after cooking the noodles. Heat oil & add the garlic and the onions. Cook till the onion turns translucent. Add the veggies and cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the noodles, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, salt & pepper powder. Mix well for a minute & let this cool down completely to room temperature.
- Make lime sized balls from the dough & roll it into a thin circle. Place some noodle-veggie mixture on one side of the circle & close it with the other side. Seal the ends thoroughly.
- Heat the oil. When it becomes medium hot lower the heat & fry the pastries till golden brown & crisp. Drain on paper towels.