- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp. + 1 tbsp.; divided
- Saffron – 1/2 tsp.
- Boiling water – 4 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup (approx.)
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 tin/400 grams
- Elaichi powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Yellow food colour – 1/4 tsp.
- Fry the basmathi rice in 1 tbsp. of ghee for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the fried basmathi rice with 4 cups of boiling water, saffron and yellow food colour in a pressure cooker. Simmer for 7 minutes after the first whistle. Open the cooker after the pressures completely subside.
- Combine the cooked rice with sugar, ghee, elaichi powder and condensed milk in a broad pan and cook further for 5 minutes.