- All purpose flour – 2 cups/ 200 grams
- Salt -1 tsp.
- Egg – 1 number, medium
- Milk powder – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Butter (salted) – 1 tbsp.
- Instant yeast – 2 tsps. (level)
- Sugar – 1.75 heaping tsps.
- Lukewarm water – 3/4 cup or as needed
- Oil – for deep frying
- Nutella – as required
- Mix together the plain flour, milk powder, egg, yeast, sugar, butter, salt and lukewarm water. Knead the dough for a good 15 minutes, also keep banging the dough as you knead. The dough should be slightly sticky. Cover with a a damp cloth & keep undisturbed for 1-1.5 hours/ till the dough doubles in volume.
- Punch down the risen dough & divide it into 10 equal parts. You can make small or big buns as you wish. Take a portion of the dough & shape it like a bun.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying the buns. When the oil becomes really hot, reduce heat to minimum & carefully place the buns into the hot oil. Deep fry on medium low heat till golden brown in colour.
- Make a slit at the center of each fried bun & spread Nutella in it.
- Serve hot.